Explore a reimagined Koholint Island in one the most beloved games in The Legend of Zelda series—The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening.
Link has washed ashore on a mysterious island with strange and colourful inhabitants. To escape the island, Link must collect magical instruments across the land and awaken the Wind Fish. Explore a reimagined Koholint Island that’s been faithfully rebuilt in a brand- new art style that will entice fans and newcomers alike. Battle enemies as you conquer numerous dungeons and uncover the hidden secrets of the island. Encounter Super Mario enemies like Goombas, Piranha Plants, and more, and interact with unique locals who help Link on his adventure.
As you clear dungeons throughout the main story, earn dungeon rooms (Chambers), then arrange them into custom layouts in the all-new Chamber Dungeon. Place your dungeon entrance, Nightmare room, and everything in-between as you try to fulfil objectives and play through a new dungeon.
Tap compatible amiibo figures to earn more Chambers and additional Chambers throughout the game in updated mini-games, such as the river rapids, trendy game, and fishing.
- As Link, explore a reimagined Koholint Island and collect instruments from awakening the Wind Fish to find a way home
- Explore numerous dungeons riddled with tricks, traps, and enemies, including some from the Super Mario series
- Meet and interact with unique locals to get help on your adventure
- Listen to a reawakened soundtrack that helps bring life to Koholint Island
- Complete dungeons throughout the story to earn their rooms for the Chamber
Buffeted by a storm, Link washes ashore a mysterious tropical island with many strange inhabitants.
To find his way home, our brave hero must seek out magical instruments across the land to awaken the slumbering Wind Fish.
The locals of Koholint might seem pretty odd, but they’re a friendly bunch who’ll aid Link’s quest. Let’s get to know some of them!
Embark on a Classic Adventure
Link’s quest to wake up the Wind Fish will see him trek to numerous dungeons scattered across the island. Navigate these labyrinths room-by-room, solving perplexing puzzles, outwitting tricky traps, and battling the fearsome monsters that dwell within.
Is that…a Goomba? That round character looks kinda familiar too! This island certainly is full of surprises….
By collecting gear and items on his travels, Link can explore more of the island and unearth its many secrets. Certain items can even be exchanged with the locals.
Compatible with amiibo!
If you have an amiibo (sold separately) from The Legend of Zelda series, you can unlock additional chambers and save your favourite layouts to them for safe keeping. There’s also this adorable Link amiibo launching alongside the game that unlocks Shadow Link as a foe in your Chamber Dungeons!
- Release date: 20 September 2019
- Digital Download Size: 6GB Additional storage may be needed on your console for installation or software updates.
- Category: Adventure, Action
- Players: 1
- Play mode: amiibo, Handheld mode, Tabletop mode, TV mode
- Publisher: Nintendo
- Languages: German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Russian, Chinese
Supported Play Modes
Software compatibility and play experience may differ on Nintendo Switch Lite. Additional accessories may be required (sold separately). See support for details.